Saturday 9 July 2011

Wiggins and Cavendish

I had written what I thought was a great blog yesterday evening but hadn't saved it properly before things went wrong technically and it was lost.

It was a campsite day as Le Tour had disappeared off down to Le Mans which was too far away and I knew I had a long drive on Saturday so needed a rest.

Having said that I treated myself to a 30 mile ride along the cycle path that runs along the canal that connects the English Channel to the Atlantic. It was great fun speeding up behind "leisure cyclists" on the tow path and bellowing "Attention a gauche!". Will they go into the brambles or the canal?

Cooking my tea was much like the day on Le Tour. A mixture of elation at Cavendish winning and me cooking the best lamb chop ever and desolation at the loss of Bradley Wiggins and burning the bottom of my frying pan! Well it's nothing like similar really.

Watching the last hour or so of the stage on TV, it was clear that the French seem to have taken Cavendish and Wiggins to their hearts. The commentator was genuinely gutted that Bradley Wiggins had crashed out. Placed 6th going into the mountains he was seen as a real threat and if he attacked would be on the podium in Paris.

Taking his 17th stage win (I think) Mark Cavendish was roared home by the commentator. "Chapeau! Chapeau! Chapeau! Mark Cavondeesh!!".





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment