Tuesday 12 July 2011

Aurillac to Carmaux

Frustrating day today as I underestimated the time to get to the start town of Aurillac. Obviously needed to be there early to get a good spot to see the start. So what happened was a 2 hour drive arriving late, couldn't see a damn thing and then getting very wet as it chucked it down.

A soggy 2 hour drive home but made it just in time to catch the last hour before the finish with ice cream and coffee in the campsite bar so turned the day round at the last minute. Kicking myself a quiet day would have been better due to the 7am start tomorrow and 5 hour drive to the Pyrenees.

If you think I'm driving a lot, there are 4,000 official vehicles supporting Le Tour. Add to that the 7 helicopters flying for 5 to 6 hours a day, that's a lot of gas! To follow 200 blokes on bikes.

The order "Prepare to move" has been posted and a certain amount of tidying up and reorganisation is required along with packing the car before bed. I must get hold of cash and oil for my chain tomorrow.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment