Thursday 21 July 2011

End of camping

After a long cold night with little or no sleep prompted by a failing sleeping bag, low temperatures, man flu, a fox ripping open my bin bag and finding a flat tyre I have called a halt to the camping 2 nights ahead of schedule. There have been 20 nights in a tent at 6 campsites so I feel I've done my bit.

So this afternoon I checked into a great little Logis de France hotel in the beautiful ski station of Vars St Marie high up in the southern Alps. Looking forward to the supper tonight as the plat du jour is duck. Well if you insist!

The man flu developed into a bad stomach this morning and I didn't fancy the 150m dash in the middle of the night. However, that seems to have passed leaving me starving. Still have a thick head, ringing ears, blocked nose, headache for 3rd day and no energy. Gutted that I had to watch the Galibier finish from my suck bed.

However, the view from my balcony is pretty cool.



Whilst lunching on a Jambon Buerre I found a new friend, possibly having something to do with food?



Oh and a shiny beetle. I'm guessing these are like the ones that Gerald Durrell used to buy fr the beetle man in Corfu.





No comments:

Post a Comment