Monday 11 July 2011

Rest day

Rest day on Le Tour de France but busy on Le Tour de Ollie. Shopping and washing took up some of the day with the remainder spent lying in the shade as the temperature hit the low nineties! A beautiful early evening cycle to the top of the hill beyond the campsite has left me with sore thighs and ham strings like piano wire. May need to stretch at some point soon.

I think you can tell that you have an un healthy relationship with your bike when you go over the top of a hill and while enjoying the descent, you are kind of looking forward to turning round and climbing back up again. Anyway, I got a good solid hour of climbing in tonight as I have realised there are just three days to my first mountain. Col du Tourmalet is looming large for Thursday with the Col d'Aubisque on Friday. Sudacrem at the ready!!

The weather is set fair again for tomorrow and I'm hoping to go to start in Aurillac and then catch a Category 3 climb. That will be followed by a huge traffic jam and wondering if I'll be back by night fall.

The weather had to be good tomorrow as I washed all of my pants today and they didn't dry. Still I've got the rest of tonight to find the nearest hypermarche and practice my underpant mime.







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment