Monday 18 July 2011

Bedoin

Bedoin in Provence is all about bikes. I can see three bike shops from where I am sitting in a little square opposite a roundabout with a sign that strikes fear into the very soul of even the most hardcore cyclists.


Pretty much every restaurant does a "velo special" and I'm imagining it'll be a huge bowl of pasta. That's certainly what I'm heading for. Carb loading!

While pitching the tent in the rain this afternoon Le Mont Ventoux remained stubbornly hidden but you know it's there. Whilst geologically part of the Alps it rises to 1912m from the plains of Provence. It generates it's own weather and is always battered by high winds. There were some amazing clouds sitting just above this evening.


The rain has cleared and the weather is set fair for tomorrow. I'll be heading off at about 7am to avoid the heat as it's due to rise to 29 degrees tomorrow. Pasta now and let's see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment