Tuesday 12 July 2011

Camping

Before coming away I was slightly apprehensive about traveling on my own in the car and in the tent. It's not like staying in a hostel with a common room where there are people 'on tap' as it were. However, I have met people every day to chat to. Initially mostly English and Dutch but being the only English person on this campsite I was something of a curiosity.

I'm obviously used to people pointing and staring so being a curiosity isn't a problem :-) At every campsite there are English speaking staff but I have said that I am trying to improve my French so I would like to speak French. To this end I can not only ask for basic things but I can now hold down a simple conversation.

The friendliness of the French and 'campers' in general has been something of a revelation and sitting in the campsite bar with my new French and Dutch friends tonight has been great. You just don't get that sitting in a hotel and the other good news is that I still have two weeks left in France.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment