Monday 30 May 2011

Krakow

Krakow is such a great city. It bustles bust isn't overpoweringly busy as I think I have caught it just before the season really kicks off. Very lucky with the hostel again, it is very reasonable, clean and 10 minutes walk from the Old Town Square.


That's not my hostel, by the way, but old town square which is huge. I'm hoping they have s market while I'm here.

I missed the Krakow film festival by 2 days. Knickers! It looked pretty good:

http://www.kff.com.pl/en/filmy/in_competition

I had forgotten that Pope John Paul the Second was from round here. You can on tours to visit the flat where he was born and I kid you not "walk in his footsteps and taste his favorite cream puff."

Here he his, surrounded by adoring fans:


Just one more miracle and the fast track pope will be a Saint! Go....go...JP II......

No comments:

Post a Comment