Saturday 21 May 2011

Prague

I spent most of yesterday walking round Prague so decided on the tram for today. I even braved the Charles Bridge along with all the tourists in Prague it seemed. There are either lots of people here or a small group that all turn up where I'm going at the same time! I'm developing sharp elbows!!

A quiet moment in Old Town Square with a few thousand close friends:



I obviously had to go and check out Frank Ghery's "Fred and Ginger" building, which was ok but smacked a little of something that rolled off the FG production line. It is obviously a landmark building and a sign of Prague's emergence as a great European city but I think it could maybe have had a little more bite!



Today was free museum day today so The National Museum had to be visited and didn't disappoint. A rather grand staircase:



Gave on to case after case of minerals with exotic names:



Skulls:



Dead birds (sorry Meg):



Things on pins and things to small to fit on pins:







Another great day but really warm and really crowded. Hoping for another thunderstorm tonight. They are pretty spectacular when your room is in the attic.

No comments:

Post a Comment