Friday 27 May 2011

Kasprowy Wierch

This was probably one of the toughest days hiking I've ever done. Technically the hike was pretty straightforward but just really grueling. The summit is 1987m above sea level and from Zakopane the climb is about 1200m.

I thought I could walk to the start point but when that took an hour I realised I would pay for that later. This is the view after an hour of climbing and the direction sign said that there was another two and a half hours to the summit:



These are a couple of shots on the way up back to the climb I tried yesterday:






So after about 4 hours of wheezing and swearing with rest breaks and taking other people's photos on the way up I reached the summit:



I seam to have lost something on the way......oh yes.....the beard. It's just too hot here for a beard....

Some caves tomorrow for a lighter day.

No comments:

Post a Comment