Wednesday 18 May 2011

Hlsinko

Hlsinko is a very small town about 100 km southwest of Prague in the gently rolling hills of Bohemia. The reason for coming hear was to locate a church that is pictured in a small painting that I inherited from my step Grandad. I thought it may or may not shed some light on his family history.

The church was very easy to find and photographs were taken as close as I thought the picture was drawn. I didn't come across anything related to the family history but it was fun. Pictures below:






I thought a visit to the local museum might be useful but I font think many English visitors pass through. I've been using my rudimentary German to get by. When the curator found I was English. There was a commotion and her daughter was summoned from school to give me a guided tour. The genuine friendliness and welcoming is amazing. I can't get over just how welcoming people are to complete strangers just visiting for a couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment