Thursday 26 May 2011

Warm up on Gubalowka and Butorowy

After a quiet orientation day on arrival the first warm up hike was to the small hills of Gubalowka and Butorowy. The peaks are just over 1000m high but only a 300m climb from Zakopane. On the map it looked like there was a great saddle ridge linking the two peaks. Indeed there was but rather than being an alpine path it was a market selling Tatra Tat to the tourist spewing from the fenicular railway every 20 minutes. Had I wanted slippers, wooden axes or hair extensions I was in the right place.

This is the view from Gubalowka towards the peak of Giewont that is stubotnly covered in cloud.


Tatra Tat on the 'ridge' path:




This the view I had from my lunch stop on the way down:



This is me, just about to eat said lunch:




No comments:

Post a Comment