Thursday 12 May 2011

Testing patience to the limit

Having arrived in Vienna following an uneventful journey I obviously decided that I needed something to blog about. I know, I'll crash my iPhone. That'll do it, and indeed it did.

I knew I'd become addicted, but was shocked at how bereft I was at the loss. So the first port of call was to the tourist office to see if there was an Apple store in Vienna.

Luckily the office was quiet and the woman serving me was blessed with saintly patience. She wasn't sure if there was a store so called Apple's Austrian HQ.

All of a sudden I was talking to an English chap, in Germany, who could help. My details weren't on the Apple database so I needed the serial number on the sim carrier. First helper took her desk apart to find one. No luck.

A second tourist office helper was despatched to locate one. No sorry that's too fat, have you got a pin.

Third tourist office helper brought in to locate a pin while helpers 1 and 2 put their desks back together again. Success!

So I'm on the tourist office phone talking on the O2 help line to an English chap in Germany who has a friend in Basingstoke, but no he doesn't visit Winchester often, but he understands that it is a lovely place. Sorry, what did I come here for?

With a an Apple store located I was furnished with a map and I'm blogging from my phone again, so all is well and I can start populating the phone with useless apps again and the Archers's podcasts again.

Order and balance in the universe are restored.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Vienna

No comments:

Post a Comment