Sunday 22 May 2011

Second hand books, coffee, Elvis and beach volleyball

Yep! Just another Sunday in Prague. I had read my books faster than I thought I would so was in need of new fiction for the rest of the trip. I found a great book shop that sold second hand English books and had a cafe. After buying a Margaret Attwood book and a Neil Gaiman book, I had a quick latte in the cafe. The shop web site is:

www.globebookstore.cz

Elvis was being played on the juke box and I sniggered into my latte foam when In The Ghetto came on. It reminded me of an episode of Southpark when Cartman is invited back to Kenny's somewhat humble home for tea and sings In The Ghetto under his breath but loud enough for everyone to hear.

Next stop beach volleyball! My brother's business partner was in town commentating on the Prague Open so I went over to watch the finals:


A great supper in the old town was rounded off by a car chase up Wenceslas Square as I was strolling home enjoying an ice cream. Imagine my surprise as a car speeds past followed by two police cars. The chase was ended by a third police car ramming the offending car off the road from a side turning. It was a classic T-Bone and ended up next to the statue of Wenceslas.

Night all....

No comments:

Post a Comment