Thursday 2 June 2011

Krakow art house cinema

Yet another great little art house cinema find on my tour. The Kino Pod Baranami is set in one of the many old residential palaces that surround the main square in Krakow. It had an African American season on at the moment but I went to see Lars Von Trier's latest epic Melancholia. The film is more accessible than any other Von Trier film I have seen and he seemed to have been able to draw on a cast of 'bankable' stars.

Whilst giving himself plenty of time to develop the characters, after just over two hours, I wasn't overly engaged with them and (not wanting to spoil it) the end came as something of a relief.

Still I think this is the only cinema I have been to with and 18th carved panelled oak ceiling:


http://www.kinopodbaranami.pl



No comments:

Post a Comment