Tuesday 30 August 2011

Day 13 - Oswestry to Wrexham

Might be quite short as not much on interest on the way. 

Route:
Oswestry
Pentre Pant
Weston Rhyn
Chirk Bank
Chirk
Pentre
Newbridge
Ruabon
Erdigg
Wrexham
I stopped in Wrexham to re-fuel and this was the first place that I heard Welsh being spoken. I was hoping to hear a bit more as I wove my way back and forth across the border. Had to be a little careful so people didn't think I was a weirdo hanging around listening to them chatting. From what I could here it is a lovely language with rhythm and musicality. 

Driving in and out of Wrexham was interesting as there seemed to be an awful lot of lads in suped up cars who didn't like cyclists. This is the first place where I have been shouted at for simply cycling along and minding my own business. Got called the c word twice in about half a mile!

Anyway, quite glad to be on my way to:
Gresford
Rossett
Belgrave
Finally Chester

The city looks great and need to come back for a proper look around. The racecourse is pretty much in the city centre which would be very cool to go to on race day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment