Thursday 25 August 2011

Day 11 - Leominster to Clun

After the long day yesterday it was time for a morning off and with only 23 miles to do I didn't need to leave until after lunch. Barbara, the hostel warden did both the bookings at Leominster and Clun hostels so knew where I was going today. I'm not quite sure how but I ended up with the week's booking sheets for the Clun hostel as the fax had broken down. As the fax at Clun had broken down I also ended up with the spare part for the fax machine in my pannier! It felt like being sworn in as a deputy Marshall in the wild west, acting as a courier for the YHA.

So the light route was as follows:

Leominster
Eyton
Kingdland
Lugg Green
Mortimer's Cross
Wigmore
Leintwardine
Marlow
Hoptonheath
Twitchen
Purslow
Clunton
Clun

Although a light day, my legs felt like lead and there was still a fair bit of climbing. With a strong head wind it took a good few hours to get to Clun. The hostel is in an old mill in a tiny Shropshire village. No mobile signal and no cellular data. Hence the late posting of the blog .

An added bonus was that the local pub was having a 'folk night' and one of the guys playing was staying at the hostel. Obviously had to go :-)

Just found broadband at the pub. There are no other signals here. Very remote!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment