Wednesday 24 August 2011

Day 10 - St Briavels to Leominster (Pronounced Lemster)

Well I posted a new Personal Best of 47 miles today and it certainly wasn't on the flat. The route I took is referred to as "The Highroad" in the CTC LEJOG guide. Maybe that explains it! So the route was as follows:

St Briavels
Coleford
English Bicknor
Stowfield
Kerne Bridge
Walford
Tudorville
Brampton Abotts
Hole in the Wall
Brockhampton
Fownhope
Modiford
Hereford
Shelwick
Sutton St Nicholas
Bodenham
Leominster

What a day. In the morning it was so hot I had to stop and sit in the shade. Then in the afternoon I had head winds and thunderstorms. There was a detour into Hereford for tea and sandwiches to revive me.

A passing cyclist stopped for a chat and told me the best route from Hereford to Leominster and it was perfect. The heavens opened just as I got to Leominster and was soaked by the time I got there. The wardens here are amazing and washed and tumbled dried all my kit this evening. So not only am I dry but smell much better too.!

It was by far the hardest day both in terms of distance and the number of hills!! Easy morning tomorrow. I need to find somewhere to stay on Saturday night. Bank Holiday weekend.....I'll be lucky!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment