Monday 15 August 2011

Day 1 - Lands End to Helston

I would love to post my departure photo but there is no 3G here so it's too slow. I'll post it to Facebook with the link to this blog.

There were a handful of people starting off today. A couple of groups, a couple of lads with support vehicle and me....solo and un-supported. We all got there before 10 do although it wasn't open and we didn't get photos with the finger board, there is a sign saying Lands End 2011. That was enough for me.

All of a sudden, I was off and doing what I have been day dreaming about for so many years. The hills so far have been pretty much OK apart from the one when I came off the main road to avoid traffic which did a spectacular down hill followed by.....you've guessed it a massive up hill.

So my route was following the A30 from Lands End to Penzance where I dropped down onto the sea front and found the coast path cycle route along to Marazion. At Marazion I picked up the A394 which I followed before turning off on to minor roads to wiggle up to Sithney which is a tiny village north of Helston.

I'm staying in the Granary Barn bunk house run by Tom. I've got the place to myself so I'm in a huge dorm off the farm yard with bathroom and toilet ensuite (well they are the other side of the farm yard). It's really great and only £10 so fantastic value.

The rain has just started and the forecast is for 4 days of rain. Oh goody! Looking forward to that!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment