Tuesday 22 March 2011

Winch to Cologne 21.03

Just sitting on the platform waiting for my bed to arrive. Chugged up to London on Southwest trains then kicked up a gear on the Eurostar. ICE high speed train was cancelled which was a real disappointment. However, got transferred onto the equally cool Thalys intercity and because 2nd class was full I got a seat in first class.

The guard asked me to tell the waiter that I wasn't allowed to have the first class dinner. I obviously respected that. The waiter said "ok but a liddle trink won't hurt" and I got a beer.

I just had time to compare a big mac meal with a hamburger royal mcmenu mit grosse pommes und coke and check out the cathedral in cologne.







Gutte nacht!

The bedroom



P.S. Have just had a very refreshing deutsche bahn wash in the sink (well I've paid for it, I'm going to use it). Obviously had my fingers crossed that the rather poorly secured blind didn't fly open as we trundled through a suburban German station.

Gutte nacht 2!

3 comments:

  1. Obviously heavily disguised to protect the less poo aware followers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'd like to know what that long object is on your bed please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaah! That is a bottle of water. What else could it be?

    ReplyDelete