Monday 28 March 2011

Swedish brew review

Right this is probably the first proper beer review and tonight I'm drinking a dark lager. This concept is new to me so you learn something new everyday. The lager is brewed by the Abro brewery, one of the last 3 independent brewers in Sweden. (Rumour has it that the micro brewery industry is thriving making "folksbeer". Hopefully I'll track some down tomorrow.)

Anyway back to the beer. It is called Brygg Mastarsens and is a lovely dark almost ruby red colour. The taste is clean and fresh like a traditionally brewed lager, not Eurofizz-John ;-) and with a really smooth malty aftertaste that gives the lager real body. It's 5.0% and that creeps up on you rather nicely.




Shout if this is too nerdy!

M has got our latest brew on the go at home and I'm looking forward to some stout when I get back :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment