Friday 3 August 2012

Rain....

It was hammering it down yesterday so my bright idea was to go to a museum. If there is an aviation museum anywhere around I'll find it. It was disappointingly well organised and not a musty mannequin in sight. Other than that there were some lovely old sea planes which you don't see many of back home.

As the rain continued Batman was my next option. So I sat, slightly damp and steaming in the cinema. Everyone else was perfectly dry but that's because they drove. Anchorage is huge and it takes ages to get anywhere. Downtown is a 20 minute bus ride from the hostel. However the buses are unreliable so it's often easier to hoof it and get wet.

Random pics below.....I particularly liked the visit from Transformers to the hostel car park.....

No comments:

Post a Comment