Friday 24 August 2012

Last night in Alaska...

5 weeks has flown by! I just caught up with a traveller I met in Skagway which was a month ago. I got to thinking that I haven't done much in my time here. In fact what have I done? I hope I haven't wasted my time. Better jot it down before I forget:

I've been to:
Juneau
Anchorage
Fairbanks
Denali
Homer
Seward
and Palmer

I've hiked up to and on to a glacier
I've seen mount Denali.
I've seen - Grizzly bears, black bears, dall sheep, Bald Eagles, Golden Eagles, Humpback whales, Beluga Whales, Arctic ground squirrels, red squirrels, salmon spawning, a wolf, a coyote, moose, caribou and lots of ravens and jays.
I've seen the northern lights 3 times.
Sat in hot springs in the sun!
Driven a thousand odd miles.
Panned for gold.
Drunk beer.
Eaten home smoked salmon bellies.
Traveled on the Alaska Marine Highway.
Seen an illuminated hula hoop display in a bar.
Made loads of friends on the way.
Camped in one of the biggest national parks in the world.
Slept in a very cold tippi.
Avoided unnecessary contact with bears.
Visited the worlds first hammer museum.

Actually that's not bad at all....

No comments:

Post a Comment