Wednesday 8 August 2012

Forgot the here I am......

On the edge of six million acres of wilderness but I'm staying in a cabin on the edge where all the tourist tat is. Locals call it 'glitter gulch' and the whole place closes down come winter.

Shortly after I arrived a group of Italians were standing outside my cabin looking in. When I asked if I could help them at all the reply was "Our friend is staying there."

I don't think so. Just me I'm afraid. "No our friend is staying there."

"No. Just me!"

Lots of arm waving and chatter. They disappeared shortly in a flurry of curses and suitcases half unpacked. Never saw them again.....

Just after that to top it off I opens solid shutter over the back window and came face to face with the old man from the cabin next door who was trying to have a wee up the back of my cabin! Obviously trying to avoid that arduous 5m walk to the toilet block.

It's ok here just smells a bit of pooh!

Oh and check out the size of the ant!!



No comments:

Post a Comment