Saturday 7 July 2012

My Winnipeg

The film My Winnipeg is about people trying to leave Winnipeg and not managing it. Well I didn't think I was going to arrive! The plane on the gate before mine broke. They disembarked everyone thought they had fixed it. Reboarded and pushed back only to break again and disembark. Poor buggers! They all got packed off to another gate to a new plane and then my plane was two hours late.

We got on almost straight away to a hot and dirty plane that ran out of food. About 5 minutes after take off all you could see was lakes and trees. It was like this until the lights of Winnipeg popped up in the middle of nowhere. It's also hemmed by a perimeter highway so the lights literally stop at the highway. This place is very very big. How's that for in depth travel philosophy. I'm off to find My Winnipeg.....

No comments:

Post a Comment