Sunday 15 July 2012

Grouse Mountain

Grouse Mountain sits at the back of North Vancouver and there is a steep trail to the summit that's known as The Grind. It's a 2,800 ft climb over 1.8 miles. The other name for it is the stair master.

It's a busy route at the best of times but I decided to do it on a Saturday morning. Sometimes I don't have the sense I was born with. To get there you need to get a bus from downtown. So far so good apart from not being able get on any of the busses that were already full downtown!

It was an hour and a half walk before I got anywhere getting on the bus. The world and his wife were on the trail and you were nose to tail all the way to the top. 2 hours with your nose up someone's sweaty butt!! Must really pick my hikes better next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment