Friday 13 July 2012

Calgary to Vancouver

A shade over and hours flight over the Canadian Rockies and the difference between two cities couldn't be more stark! I know that Calgarians don't dress as Cowboys and Cowgirls all year round and the city is probably quite a different place when the Stampede isn't on but I'm pretty sure that Vancouver wouldn't hold a rodeo!

Vancouver feels altogether more cosmopolitan and certainly the area I'm in is a rich melting pot of races, cultures and lifestyles. It's pretty lively on the streets at night in a very friendly and fun way.

As I'm writing this in the hostel common room a group of young Scottish fiddle players are rehearsing for a show in Vancouver with the most amazing jigs and reels. Free gig :-)

Some photos of False Creek below which is at the bottom of the street from the hostel. I really lucked out here......

No comments:

Post a Comment