Thursday 8 September 2011

Day 23 - Crianlarich to Glen Coe

The weather wasn't great leaving Crianlarich but could cope with a bit of wind and rain. The road was good but quite busy and there was a steady climb up to Rannoch Moor which was the most exposed leg of the trip. 

The navigation was very simple. Just following the A82 through Tyndrum to Glen Coe.

Steady rain built to heavy rain and the gentle tail wind developed into a side on gale from the West. A couple of times I had to get off and hang on to the bike to stop it blowing away and when I reached the Kings House Hotel I knew I had to call it a day. 

No rooms at the inn but luckily there were a load of people heading to the youth hostel at Glen Coe so we shared a taxi. Tomorrow's task is to recover my bike from the laundry room of the hotel and get it back to the hostel. Lazy day at the hostel tomorrow and then start again on Thursday. 

I managed to call all my hostels and B and B's and have pushed everything on a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment