Friday 2 September 2011

Day 19 - Lockerbie to Abington

Not a great deal to report today as the route was just following the cycle route N74 from Lockerbie to Abington. The village is tiny with a hotel and a shop. That's about it. The road and cycle route were pretty good so my 35 miles was done by quarter to two. Afternoon spent eating, dozing and planning the route through the Highlands.

Carbidale Castle youth hostel is closed! Boo! However, I got a tip from a cyclist I met at Clun Mill hostel and there is a sleeper carriage parked at Rogart station (a working station) and this is a hostel. I'm booked there instead. The other great bonus was getting into the Crask Inn. Probably one of the remotest places I'll be staying. Very excited about that.

40 miles in to Glasgow tommorow so need to get my head down!

No comments:

Post a Comment