Saturday 2 April 2011

Scandanavian logic

Had a great piece of logic that I couldn't get round today. I saw a really great hat in a charity shop window. It was the sort of forage cap that lots of people wear round here with a band that flips up or down to protect the ears from cold. I had been looking all over for one and after disappointment at the flea market, was pretty pleased to find one. The conversation went like this:

"How much is that hat in the window please?"

"7 Euros"

"Great can I have it please."

"Yes. On Wednesday."

"Wednesday?"

"Yes. We do not sell things in the window until Wednesday."

"But I'm not here on Wednesday so could you sell it to me now. Please?"

"No."

"But I really would like it."

"NO!!"

I gave up. I could see her reaching for the panic button and I did'nt fancy a run in with the Finnish charity shop rozzers!

The lady was not for turning.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment