Tuesday 5 April 2011

Louisiana.

Louisiana in the suburban town of Humlebaek has got one of the most amazing collections of modern art. Set in a rambling multiple level series of buildings, the permanent collections have works from some of the most influential artists in the world.

However, a great surprise was the Picasso exhibition. A really comprehensive collection of works brought together in one place. Some really remarkable paintings that kept me happy for ages. I wasn't aware quite how obsessed he was with the female form. There were some very graphic works that left nothing to the imagination shall we say!

Imagine my surprise when I turned the corner to find a group of primary school children sitting on the floor in front of a particularly graphic painting, having an art history lesson!

No photos from any where in the gallery i'm afraid, they were very strict about no cameras in the gallery.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment