Monday 17 September 2012

Last day......

Last banquet breakfast at the amazing farm B and B then drive to the Blue Lagoon to soak in the milky white waters with the beautiful people. The resort is aching trendy with beautifully designed spa buildings Bjork and Sigur Ros barely audible above the chatter of happy spa goers and the ringing of the cash registers!

It is an amazing place in an incredible setting but it is rampantly commercial and eye wateringly expensive but I'm not coming all this way and not having a dip. I think I got my moneys worth staying in the pool till I was wrinkly, having sauna, steam bath, sitting under a hot waterfall and lastly a mud pack!

It's mandatory to shower before going in and of course there is free Blue Lagoon shower gel. My two slight hick ups were my locker bracelet slipping off with 5 minutes of groping around with toes in sand and other peoples verrucas at the bottom of the pool to locate it. Then when I got out into the icy wind some bugger had nicked my towel! Got another one from one of the black clad helpers so all was well.

The afternoon was taken up with a bit of shopping and then enjoying the last of the evening sun and the warmth of my new wooly hat :-) Oh and one of the attached pics is what I call a proper evening shadow!

My alarm is set for 4.30am and all of a sudden.......I'll be home tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment