Monday 25 June 2012

Hot love balls and Puffins.....

The Harbourlights side cafe/ferry ticket office at Stykkisholmur was offering a latte and hot 'love balls'.....I'm in! Turns out they were Icelandic doughnuts but great all the same!

While contemplating the very expensive boat trip to see Puffins I sat on top of the little rocky out crop at the end of the harbour and along came 30 or so Puffins fishing at the foot of the cliffs below me. The water was so clear you could see them flying underwater.

The towns church on top of a little hill must have been designed by someone reading books on Le Corbusier I reckon. Picture below.

It's a pretty much cloudless sky this evening. Sunglasses on until 11.00 pm again! I was assuming that being starved of light for so much of the year, everyone would be outside every evening making the most of the liht. Not a bit of it. The place is deserted save a few kids kicking a ball about!

No comments:

Post a Comment