Friday 29 June 2012

Halifax

This is the first time I've crossed the Atlantic since 1995. We landed in a down poor and got out of the airport to a muggy warm night. First time I had seen dark since last Thursday. With that and gaining 3 hours it was a long day. Eventually got to bed at what would have been 3 am Reykjavik time.

I'm doing my washing and recovering from my first all you can eat buffet breakfast! I tried my best but was up against some real pros!

Having forgotten my jacket, I left my spork behind somewhere and yesterday was my third lost item. I had left my Swiss army knife in my hand luggage by mistake. Luckily I got searched at check in. Perfectly ok to take a knife onto Iceland Air flight. I must have looked trustworthy!

Checking the Canadian air transit regs it probably wasn't a good idea to try and get a knife through immigration. I got a right grilling as it was. So my third loss was my Swiss army knife which I ditched at Keflavik just to be on the safe side.

I'm off kit shopping :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment