Saturday 30 June 2012

Getting a drink in Halifax

There has to bean easier way to get a drink round here! Generally speaking in England it goes something like this:

1. Walk up to bar.
2. Say "I'll have a pint of your finest frothing ale please landlord".
3. Hand over money.
4. Drink.
5. Repeat steps 2. to 4. until in Colin Henry's words "I'm going home.....I can see two Dans."

In Halifax it went something like this:
1. Walk up to bar.
2. Be ignored for a good 5 minutes.
3. Finally attract attention of the bar keep and say " I'll have a pint of your finest frothing ale landlord."
4. Receive the following reply "This is table service only. Please check in with the door girl."
5. Check in with the door girl.
6. Get told where to sit.
7. Be ignored for a good 5 minutes.
8. Waitress attends and say "I'll have a pint of your finest frothing ale landlord."
9. Get handed a 4 page tap list.
10. Say "I'll have that one."
12. Would you like a mug, personal pitcher, group pitcher or a happy hour bucket."
13. "Erm I'll go with the mug."
14. A mug which is something between a half and a pint arrives. But it's COLD! It's ale and it's COLD!
15. Don't bother repeating any steps.
16. Pay and go home.

I think I need to go to a bar rather than a pub next time :-) or just drink something out of a bottle in a paper bag with the other bums!

No comments:

Post a Comment