Friday 29 June 2012

A day in Halifax

It's summer here and I unzipped the bottoms of my hiking trousers threw caution to the wind and unleashed my white chicken legs on the unsuspecting folk of Halifax. Poor buggers!

Replacement soft shell jacket was purchased along with new trekking trainers and various bits and bobs. Athletes Foot creme being the most urgent. The joys of hosteling!

I'm staying at the the Dalhousie University halls of residence along with hundreds of performers appearing in the Nova Scotia International Tattoo. It's pretty lively round here!

Obviously tickets aren't selling as I got given free ones. All I had to do was have my photo taken on my phone. I'll do anything for free stuff!

It's not very photogenic here so I've posted a pic of my hall of residence. The water front is a bit like Hastings seafront minus the charm!

The people are very friendly and will talk to anyone. Car drivers are always stopping to give way with a polite wave to the bemused tourist. So are Canadians really super laid back, kind, considerate and friendly or do they have a dark place at home where they go and scream and break things?

I'll let you know if the Tattoo is any good :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment